|To make compliance easy, the Nebraska Department of Environment and Energy has created this document, “Inspection Tips for Regulated Facilities.”
It outlines NDEE’s inspection/survey process, and answers questions such as:
This document also gives a brief introduction to the department’s updated Return to Compliance process. More information on that topic can be found on the guidance document “A Guide to NDEE’s Return to Compliance Process.”
- Why does NDEE conduct facility inspections?
- What is NDEE’s inspection process?
- How can I be prepared for an inspection?
- What kinds of records will an inspector review?
- What can I expect during the opening conference and facility tour?
- What can I expect during the exit interview?
- What happens after an inspection?
- Does NDEE provide other resources to ensure my facility is in compliance?
With this change, NDEE hopes to bring consistency, fairness, and transparency to the inspection and Return to Compliance processes.
If you have any questions or comments about the Return to Compliance process or the attached document, you may reach out to one of our inspectors or call NDEE’s front desk at (402) 471-2186.