Several measures can be used to prevent illegal disposal from occurring. In some cases, efforts must be increased to prevent on-going illegal dumping.
The following list contains methods which may be helpful in creating an awareness that illegal dumping is not acceptable and prevent on-going illegal dumping from continuing.
- Post No Dumping Signs
- Restrict Access by Erecting Fences, Locking Gates, or Closing Roads Popular for Dumping
- Publicize Initiatives for Enforcement of Violators
- Successfully Prosecute Violators
- Provide Education through Schools, Bill Boards, Public Service Announcements
- Encourage Reporting of Illegal Dumping Activities
- Determine Cause of Dumping and Implement Preventive Measures Targeting the Cause
If you use a particular method which has reduced illegal dumping, please share it with others.