Public Records Searches and Interactive Map Server
This page contains links to Public Records Search and the Interactive Map Server. An explanation of how to use these functions is described below:
Online Document Searches
How to View Document Images for a Facility
Facility-related documents have been imaged into the State of Nebraska’s Enterprise Content Management system (ECM) since April 2011. The ECM is the repository of official facility records that are created or received by the agency. Documents that have been scanned into the ECM are available to review from our Public Records Search.
To use this option, you will need to know the facility number and program.
You can call 402-471-2186 or email email@example.com to obtain a facility number for a records search. The search will return a maximum of up to 500 of the most recent documents. The date fields are optional for a records search, unless a message appears stating you need to narrow your search to view additional documents, then dates will be required to view older documents.
How to View Document Images for Construction Stormwater
Most construction stormwater applications and related documents are now available online. The agency initiated an online process in November 2015. If you can’t find an item with the search, call 402-471-2186 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Interactive Map Server
How to Search for a Facility and View Document Images
Documents that have been scanned into the ECM are also available to review from the Interactive Map Server. With this option you may search by city, county, part of a facility name, or use other area search tools within the map server.
The ability to view document images within the map server application is restricted to the most recent 500 images. If a message appears stating you need to narrow your search to view additional documents, please use the Public Records Search portion of the web site to enter a date range for desired documents.
For Media -- Here is how to cite NDEE photos taken from department public records for publication:
- All photos should be attributed to Nebraska Department of Environment and Energy or NDEE rather than individual NDEE staff members
- Document date should be included for clarity and context
- Document description title should be included for clarity and context
Example: Nebraska Department of Environment and Energy. (March 8, 2022). Site Visit/Aerial Photos.
- Documents received or generated prior to April 2011 may NOT be available for viewing through the map server or public records search
- There is an issue with displaying large document images at this time. We are working on a resolution. If you have a document not display, please call 402-471-2186 or email email@example.com with information about the document
- If the search returns with no documents available, or if you need to access older documents, visit our Request Public Records portal to make a request.