The Waste Reduction and Recycling Incentive Grants Fund provides grants to assist in financing scrap tire programs and projects.
These include, but are not limited to:
1. Partial payment for purchase of tire-derived products and/or crumb rubber
- Loose crumb rubber for manufacturing or playgrounds
- Loose crumb rubber used as a soil amendment to prevent grass wear
- Mulch products made from crumb rubber
- Playground or walkway mats made from crumb rubber
- Poured-in-place playground surfaces
- Athletic track surfaces made from crumb rubber
2. Collection site cleanups for political subdivisions, such as scrap tire amnesty day cleanups.
3. Capital and startup costs for processing, manufacturing, collecting, and transporting.
- Artificial football or soccer fields made from crumb rubber
4. Cost sharing for manufacturing, processing and civil engineering applications.
- Equipment used to shred, grind, and process scrap tires into crumb rubber
- Equipment to produce rubber-modified asphalt
- Equipment to collect and haul scrap tires
Who can apply?
NDEE encourages private and non-profit entities and organizations and political subdivisions to submit applications for scrap tire program and project grants. All projects must benefit Nebraska.
Related Grants Programs