Professional Engineering Requirements for Construction Approval Application
A Nebraska Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) must sign and properly seal any construction approval application submitted to NDEE, pursuant to Neb. Rev. Stat. §54-2429 (2), as follows:
- Any construction approval application from an Animal Feeding Operation (AFO) for which a permit is required.
- Any existing livestock waste control facility (LWCF), which after an inspection:
- NDEE determines the LWCF has:
- Visible signs of structural breakage below the permanent pool;
- Signs of discharge or proven discharge due to structural weakness;
- Improper maintenance;
- Inadequate capacity;
- NDEE has reason to believe that the Animal Feeding Operation with an existing LWCF has violated, or threatens to violate, the Environmental Protection Act, the Livestock Waste Management Act, or any rules or regulations adopted and promulgated under such acts.
This list has been compiled and produced for informational purposes only. The State of Nebraska, any agency thereof, or any of their employees, makes no warranty, express or implied, nor assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information disclosed. Reference herein to any person, company, service, or product, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the State of Nebraska or any agency thereof.
Nebraska Department of Environment and Energy
P.O. Box 98922
Lincoln, NE 68509-8922
phone (402) 471-2186
To view this, and other information related to our agency, visit our web site at http://dee.ne.gov.