Note: The NPDES General Industrial Stormwater Permit NER910000 has been administratively extended. See the letter attached on this page. Facilities will receive a letter when the NPDES General Industrial Stormwater Permit NER920000 becomes effective. Notice of Intents can be submitted when NER920000 becomes effective.
The Department of Environment & Energy has issued the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Industrial Stormwater General Permit (ISW-GP) NER910000. The permit became effective July 18, 2016 and expires June 30, 2021. The deadline to renew coverage is January 1, 2017.
The new permit and fact sheet are attached above. In addition, several other related documents can be found on the bottom of this page, including:
- Those who have an existing authorization under ISW-GP NER900000, are required to obtain coverage under NER910000. They should fill out and submit the Notice of Intent (NOI). (PDF and Word versions can be found at the bottom of the page.)
- New facilities that require coverage should also fill out and submit the NOI. Those who are uncertain if the industrial storm water program applies to their facility should compare the facility’s Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) to those listed in Appendix D.
- Those who are qualified for the No Exposure Certification (NEC) under NER900000 are required to submit a new certification request under NER910000, using the No Exposure Certification Checklist and Request Form. PDF and Word versions can be found at the bottom of the page.)
- Facilities that no longer requires coverage or are permanently out of operation need to submit the Notice of Termination (NOT) form.
- KMZ map files with receiving water identification can be found on the web page containing the 2016 Surface Water Quality Integrated Report.
- Impaired waters are identified in the 2016 Surface Water Quality Integrated Report.
Those with questions can contact the program at (402) 471-4205.
Online Process Coming Soon
Obtaining authorization under NER910000 will soon be an online process. When that occurs, paper NOIs and NEC applications will no longer be available on our website and applicants will be directed to the new online process.
Note: Effective Oct. 1, 2009, any individual submitting any application or form that would derive public benefit from the state must also fill out a United States Citizenship Attestation form. This applies to individuals submitting the forms on their own behalf. If applicable, please fill out the United States Citizenship Attestation form below and submit it with the relevant applications and forms.
United States Citizenship Attestation Form