The Continuing Education Workbook Record (CEWR) is an Excel spreadsheet file consisting of three sheets: the Attendance Sheet; Certified Professional Data; and the Record of Completion. A continuing education provider may elect to use the CEWR rather than a traditional sign-in sheet to record and report participation at NDEQ approved continuing education events. A Windows laptop computer with Microsoft Excel and a barcode scanner are required.
Version No.: 031213-01
CONTINUING EDUCATION WORKBOOK RECORD
The Continuing Education Workbook Record (CEWR) is an Excel spreadsheet file consisting of three sheets: the Attendance Sheet; Certified Professional Data; and the Record of Completion. A continuing education provider may elect to use the CEWR, rather than a traditional sign-in sheet, to record and report participation at Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality (NDEQ) approved continuing education events.
- A Windows laptop computer with Microsoft Excel and a barcode scanner are required.
- A CEWR must be downloaded and used for each approved program or course. In the case of concurrent sessions, a CEWR must be completed for each individual session.
- The CEWR will be updated by the Department as new individuals obtain certification. The NDEQ recommends checking the Onsite Program webpage regularly for the most up-to-date CEWR.
- By submitting the Attendance Sheet and Record of Completion, the provider is verifying that it is a true, accurate and complete record of the certified professionals who have attended and successfully completed the approved program.
ATTENDANCE SHEET (Sheet 1) 1. Prior to the training event, complete the required highlighted gray fields on the Attendance Sheet (i.e., Name of Program, Program Provider Name, etc.).
2. To begin recording, place the cursor on the first cell (gray box) in the column with the heading Identification No.
3. Scan the bar code on the certified professional card. Press ENTER (the program will then fill in the date and time, last name, first name and certification no. in the appropriate columns).
4. If no card is available, go to the Certified Professional Data (Sheet 2) and locate the individual’s name and identification no. Copy the identification no. and paste it into the first available gray highlighted cell in the column under the Identification No. heading on the Attendance Sheet. Press ENTER.
5. Place cursor in the next open box in the Identification No. column and repeat Step 3.
6. Continue for all individuals attending the approved program or course.
7. Note: The Department suggests scanning cards as participants leave the scheduled program or session to verify attendance. The provider should remind participants to have their cards scanned before leaving so they can receive credit for attendance.RECORD OF COMPLETION (Sheet 3)8. After recording all attendees, go to the Record of Completion. To create a report, press the “Click Here to Create Report” button. A record of attendees along with their completed professional development hours of continuing education for the approved program or course will be generated.
9. SAVE the CEWR.SUBMITTAL TO NDEQ
- The CEWR may be emailed to the NDEQ or the completed Attendance Sheet and the Record of Completion may be printed and mailed to the Department. Before submittal, the program provider/coordinator must complete the Attendance Sheet by typing or signing their name and the date of the program. By submitting the Attendance Sheet you are certifying that it is true and accurate.
- Submissions may be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to: NDEQ Onsite Unit, 1200 N Street, PO Box 98922, Lincoln, NE 68509-98922.
- The CEWR must be submitted within 30 days of completion of the program.