All project requirements must be completed
all rebate documentation must be submitted by August 31, 2022.
Use the information provided here and the downloadable forms listed above to plan and complete your 2019 Nebraska Clean Diesel Program Truck Rebate project.
REIMBURSEMENT TIMELINE: By August 31, 2022, the selectee must:
- Accept delivery of the new truck or trucks;
- Scrap the old truck(s) in accordance with the program requirements described below; and
- the Request for Reimbursement Form,
- the Final Report Form,
- the Certificate of Engine/Chassis Destruction form,
- the MBE-WBE form, and
- all required supporting documentation once the new truck(s) has been received.
ELIGIBLE REPLACEMENT TRUCKS
- Trucks with 2016 or newer model year CNG engines certified to meet CARB’s Optional Low-NOx Standards of 0.1 g/bhp-hr, 0.05 g/bhp-hr, or 0.02 g/bhp-hr NOx.
- Trucks with 2016 or newer model year diesel engines certified to meet EPA or CARB emissions standards.
- The replacement truck must be in the same vehicle weight class and operate in the same manner as the original truck.
- The new truck(s) cannot be used to expand the applicant’s current fleet; each must replace a truck that is currently operational and in use. The replaced truck(s) must be disabled (scrapped) within 90 days of replacement.
- The rebate recipient must maintain ownership of the new truck(s) for at least five years from the date of purchase. If a new truck is sold before the end of the five-year period, moved out of state, or used for purposes other than what is allowed under this program, the rebate recipient must notify NDEE and may be required to return up to the full amount of the rebate to NDEE. The amount required to be returned is at the discretion of NDEE, and will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Recipients will be required to file annual reports of mileage and fuel use for the duration of the agreement.
Each old truck being replaced must be scrapped (permanently disabled) prior to submission of the reimbursement request to NDEE. Scrappage consists of:
- Cutting, drilling, or punching a 3” by 3” hole completely through the wall of the engine block.
- Cutting completely through the chassis frame rails on either side between the front and rear axles.
Scrappage may be completed by the rebate recipient, by a salvage yard, or by a similar service, provided all scrappage requirements have been met and all necessary documentation is provided. Alternative scrappage methods require approval from NDEE and EPA Region 7. Equipment and vehicle components that are not part of the engine or chassis may be salvaged from the truck being replaced. The engine and chassis may be sold for scrap metal, provided that the truck is disposed of in accordance with federal and state requirements for vehicle disposal. Salvage proceeds may be retained by the rebate recipient, but must be reported to NDEE as program income.
The following documentation of scrappage is required and must be submitted prior to or with the reimbursement request.
U.S. EPA Diesel Emission Reduction Program Certificate of Engine/Chassis Destruction form signed by the party responsible for dismantling the vehicle, and including:
- The name and address of the dismantler
- Identification of the old vehicle and engine including model year, VIN, and engine serial number
- The dates the vehicle was accepted and scrapped by the dismantler.
Photographs (with labels or explanatory captions) of:
- Side profile of the old truck clearly showing that it has been disabled;
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN);
- The engine label that includes:
- Engine serial number;
- EPA Engine Family identifier;
- Chassis frame rails cut in half between the front and rear axles;
- Engine block prior to hole being cut;
- Engine block showing the 3” by 3” hole; and
- Other photos as needed.
DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED FOR REIMBURSEMENT
After you have received the new truck(s) and have scrapped the old truck(s), you must submit the following documentation to receive reimbursement:
- Request for Reimbursement Form (download from link above);
- Final Report Form (download from link above);
- Side profile photo of each replacement truck;
- Photo of the new vehicle engine label showing EPA Engine Family identifier;
- Copy of purchase order;
- Copy of paid invoice;
- Copy of proof of payment (e.g., cancelled check front and back, credit card payment receipt, or bank statement showing that the check was cashed);
- Completed Nebraska Substitute Form W-9 and ACH Enrollment Form with voided blank check or photocopy of cleared check (payments over $25,000 must be made electronically through the ACH system);
- Completed MBE-WBE form; and
- Scrappage documentation (see above).
SUBMITTING YOUR REIMBURSEMENT REQUEST
Reimbursement requests may be submitted electronically by e-mail or in hard-copy by mail. Reimbursement forms and documentation may be assembled into a PDF file for easy e-mail submission.
For electronic submission, please e-mail to:
For hard-copy submission, please mail to:
Nebraska Clean Diesel Rebate Program
Nebraska Department of Environment and Energy
P.O. Box 98922
Lincoln NE 68509-8922
Questions? Email us at NDEE.AirQuality@nebraska.gov